How can we build better in Romania?
Optim Project Management supported the regional conferences organized this month by Romania Construieste and BORO Communication in Timisoara and Cluj, a constructive dialogue whose purpose was to answer the question “How can we build better in Romania?” Developers, architects, systems providers and representatives of non-governmental organizations discussed about the obstacles faced by the construction industry and about the solutions to overcome them, in order to build better.
Several clear conclusions emerged, in terms of:
Challenges to overcome:
- the need for effective regionalization, as ultra-centralism does not benefit development
- legislation and standardization
- major skills and labour shortage in the construction sector
- the demand for effective partnerships between public and private sectors
- lack of predictability in development
- authorization process, reflected in the costs for the end user
Opportunities and solutions:
- unprecedented public funding opportunities
- professional administration
- competitions for solutions regarding the public investments
- advanced sustainable technical systems available
- digitization specific to the construction sector
- openness to dialogue between professional organizations and civil society
- pro-active administrations
- cohesion and collaboration between different fields and organizations is needed
- construction risks must be mitigated through associations and partnerships
- existing technologies must be assimilated by those working in construction with obvious advantages
- we are energy rich; we just need to build better
The dialogue will continue in Iasi (May 11) and Craiova (June 9).